Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving


This Thanksgiving was very special to us. Not only is it the first that Ethan was big enough to actually enjoy but we also had the news of our expected baby to be excited about!  This time of year always makes me think about all of blessings we have in our lives. Health and family are certainly at the top of the list. There isn't a day that goes by that John and I don't stop and think about how lucky we are to have the family and friends that surround us.  Becoming a mom has made me even more aware of the amazing gifts that we have been given. Looking at Ethan each day I always stop in amazement at how wonderful he is.  He is of course perfect to me in every way. Now as I wait for our second baby I pray for a happy and healthy pregnancy, and a healthy baby in August!  I cant wait to hold that little one in my arms and to watch Ethan grow up with his brother or sister.  So much to be thankful for....
This year we had Thanksgiving dinner at John's parent's house.  It was wonderful! John's grandparents and Aunt and Uncle were here from Maine, as well as his cousin Michael.  It was so great to see everyone and to have the time all week with Grammy and Grampy. I adore watching Ethan with them!  On Thanksgiving night my parents joined us and John's family for dessert. How nice it was to have both sets of our parents together on the holiday.  It was also nice to have Kristen, John, and Ava with us all on Thanksgiving Eve.  
Now its time to get ready for Christmas!  There will be another post later today with pics of the tree going up! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love reading the blog! The pictures are great too! Ethan looks so "snappy" in his little boy outfit! Love..Mom

Unknown said...

Aww look at that handsome little man! What a great Thanksgiving! Can't wait to see you guys on Wednesday :-)